External audio and video sources are connected to the appropriate inputs on 3Play’s backplate,or, in the case of 3Play Mini, the front.
- Connect video sources to the appropriate connectors in the VIDEO IN section, whether SDI, Component, Y/C (S-Video), Composite (may require RCA to BNC adapter) or HDMI (3Play Mini).
- SDI/HDMI – Attach the SDI source connectors to BNC connectors marked SDI
in the Video In group
- Component – Attach the appropriate BNC connectors from your sources to all three analog BNC connectors (labeled Y, Pb and Pr) in each column in the Video In group.
- Y/C – If your S-Video equipment and cabling has the usual 4-pin mini-DIN connectors, you will need an S-Video to dual BNC adapter. To connect Y/C sources, attach the Y (luma) connector of your source to the second analog BNC connector (labeled Pb). Attach the source’s C (chroma) connector to the bottom connector (labeled Pr).
- Composite - Attach the composite source’s connector (may require an RCA to BNC adapter) to the second connector (labeled Y).
Note: The video broadcast standard (such as NTSC, NTSC-J or PAL) of all video sources connected for a given session must be the same.
- To input analog audio along with the video, connect the external audio sources to the XLR or ¼” connectors in the Audio In group box. Two connectors, labeled “a” and “b”, are provided for each input group. We’ll discuss audio Connection Type options a bit later, in Section 3.10.
Digital Audio Note: To connect AES/EBU (a.k.a., AES3) audio source, use the BNC connectors in the Digital Audio (AES) section. SDI video sources with embedded audio do not need a separate audio connection.
For more information please download the entire document at http://new.tk/rt-m3p