Connecting 3Play to a local area network (LAN) may require additional steps beyond those mentioned back when we discussed Microsoft Windows™ activation (Section 3.2). Here is the basic procedure involved in joining a workgroup:
- *Connect a suitable cable from the ETHERNET port on 3Play’s backplate to your external network.
- (If necessary) – close the Replay Desktop; click the Back arrow to return to the Home Page.
- Click Shutdown, then select Exit to Windows at right to access the operating system’s own desktop.
- Right-click on the My Computer icon, and select Properties.
- Scroll down in the right hand pane of the System panel that opens to find the Computer name, domain and workgroups settings area.
- Click the Change Settings link at right.
- Click the Computer Name tab of the System Properties panel that opens.
- Click the Change button, and enter the name of your local workgroup, as provided by your system administrator.
- Close the OK button.
- Close the System control panel.
- At this point, the network connection should be functional. If further help connecting is required, please consult your system administrator.
Note: 3Play Mini features internal Wifi support, and thus can be used without any need for a physical network connection.
For more information please download the entire document at http://new.tk/rt-m3p