Streaming on Standard Edition:
On the TriCaster:
- Start the session
- Click on the Stream Gear
- In the web address bar, navigate to www.newtek.com
- On the top left of the window, click on the drop down and select “Create Connection From Current URL”
5. Connection type will appear, please select RTMP Streaming.
Here you’ll notice more options appear such as your stream settings and Address, Stream ID. From here you will have to utilize a separate computer.
6. Head to youtube.com and login
7. On the top right hand you’ll see a camera icon. Click the camera and then click Go live.
8. At the top of the browser, there will be 3 tabs: Webcam, Streaming (currently in beta at the time of this writing) and Manage. Click the Stream tab.
9. Adjust the title, who can see the stream, add a description, the topic, and maybe a custom field if apparent as desired. Once you've set this all up, click create Stream.
10. This will bring up the Stream Preview Window. Click the crossed out eye icon to show your Stream ID, then take a picture of this screen using a phone.
On the TriCaster (again):
10. Input the Stream URL into the Address input field in the Flash Server section and the Stream Name/Key into the Stream ID field.
Once you input those fields, all you have to do is click on Okay or exit the Stream browser and start the stream by clicking the stream button in the TriCaster software. It should light up as blue:
at which point your stream will begin coming into your youtube profile. Go back to the other computer where you set up profile and click Go Live and you will be live.
Please make sure to change the Streaming profile to suit your needs.
Streaming with Events:
If you are making events the steps will be similar to the point where set up your stream within the TriCaster. like below:
In the image above you'll notice there is an Import Settings button. After you create an event in YouTube with the following steps, you will import your XML file with your stream settings.
Here are the steps to create an event:
- log into YouTube
- Head to the Creator studio, by clicking on your profile in the Top right of the main page.
- In the left margin click on Live Streaming and head to Events.
- Click on “New Live Event”
- input your title, description, tags and start time and make sure to select the type as Custom
- "Create Event"
- Here you'll notice a new option:
Here you will select Reusable Stream Key and continue to create a new stream with the new window that appears:
This allows you to reuse the streaming profile for new events.
8. Save Changes
9. Once you save your changes, you are now able to scroll down and download your xml file for use in the TriCaster.
Just keep in mind that when streaming with an event you do have another option of streaming your event by selecting other encoders:
You can select "Other Encoders" to get your Server URL and Stream ID to input into the TriCaster manually.
After you have imported your XML file into the TriCaster or manually entered your Event Encoder Settings. you will then have to go into the "Live Control Room" on YouTube to start your stream as shown below:
Click on "Preview" and the button will change to "Start Streaming". Once you click on start streaming, you are now live as shown below:
Streaming on Advanced Edition:
1. Go into your session
2. Click on the Stream configuration gear in the top menu set
3. Click on YouTube and hover over the right side of the title to show the configuration gear
4. in this popup you will log into YouTube, by clicking on Sign in
5. After signing in you will see a drop down menu appear allowing you to select your events. Select the event and click on Ok. Now you are ready to stream on AE. Please keep in mind you will have to create an event first. These steps for creating an event are listed earlier in the document.