Please note this process requires the use of a TriCaster as well as a separate PC or MAC.
Starting within the TriCaster software:
1) Start a session and Click on the Stream Gear. In the web address bar, navigate to www.newtek.com
2) On the top left of the window, click on the drop down and select “Create Connection From Current URL”
3) The Connection type will appear, please select RTMP Streaming.
*Here you’ll notice more options appear such as your stream settings and Address, Stream ID. Starting here, you will have to utilize a separate computer.
On the PC:
4) Open YouTube.com and login to the desired account.
5) At the top right hand portion of the screen you will see a camera icon. Click on the camera and select “Go live” from the options:
6) At the left of the window there will be 3 tabs, Stream, Webcam, and Manage:
-If want your stream to immediately go live when received, select "Stream". Otherwise, select "Manage" to create an Event
-If you select "Stream", skip ahead to Step 10 below
7) To schedule an event under the "Manage" tab, select the blue "Schedule Stream" icon in the top right corner of the page:
-Select "Create New" to build an event from scratch or "Reuse Settings" to reuse a configuration from a previous event that you streamed.
8) In the “New Stream” window, input the Title, Description, Genre, Time/Date of the stream, and confirm if the stream is appropriate for kids:
9) Once the desired information is set, select the “CREATE STREAM” button.
10) Click on the newly created Event in and make note of the “Stream URL” and “Stream key”.
*If you selected "Manage" in Step 6 above, take note of the "Enable Auto-start" button on the right-hand side. This can be enabled to automatically start your stream once YouTube receives the feed from your TriCaster.
Now back to the TriCaster since the event is created:
11) Input the Stream URL into the Address input field in the Flash Server section and the Stream Name/Key into the Stream ID field.
12) Click on Okay and exit the Stream browser. Start the stream by clicking the Stream button in the TriCaster software. The Stream button will turn blue as the counter begins. This signals the stream is being sent to YouTube.
Back to PC:
13) If not using the "Stream" function in Step 6 or the "Enable Auto-start" function outlined in Step 10 above, then confirm the “Stream preview” from the TriCaster and select “GO LIVE”:
16) When complete, use the “END STREAM” button to complete: