Streaming on Standard Edition:
On the TriCaster:
- Start the session
- Click on the Stream Gear
- In the web address bar, navigate to youtube.com
- On the top left of the window, click on the drop down and select “Create Connection From Current URL”
5. Connection type will appear, please select RTMP Streaming.
Here you’ll notice more options appear such as your stream settings and Address, Stream ID. From here you will have to utilize a separate computer.
6. Head to youtube.com and login
7. On the top right hand you’ll see your profile Icon. Click on it to get into the “Creator Studio”
8. In the left-hand margin click on “Live Streaming” – you should automatically be brought to the “Stream Now” tab.
9. Scroll down to the “Encoder Setup” and gather the information from the Server URL and the Stream Name/Key.
On the TriCaster (again):
10. Input the Server URL into the Address input field and the Stream Name/Key into the Stream ID.
Once you input those fields, all you have to do is click on Okay and start the stream. Please make sure to change the Streaming profile to suite your needs.
Streaming with Events:
If you are making events the steps will be similar to the point where set up your stream within the TriCaster. like below:
In the image above you'll notice there is an Import Settings button. After you create an event in YouTube with the following steps, you will import your XML file with your stream settings.
Here are the steps to create an event:
- log into YouTube
- Head to the Creator studio, by clicking on your profile in the Top right of the main page.
- In the left margin click on Live Streaming and head to Events.
- Click on “New Live Event”
- input your title, description, tags and start time and make sure to select the type as Custom
- "Create Event"
- Here you'll notice a new option:
Here you will select Reusable Stream Key and continue to create a new stream with the new window that appears:
This allows you to reuse the streaming profile for new events.
8. Save Changes
9. Once you save your changes, you are now able to scroll down and download your xml file for use in the TriCaster.
Just keep in mind that when streaming with an event you do have another option of streaming your event by selecting other encoders:
You can select "Other Encoders" to get your Server URL and Stream ID to input into the TriCaster manually.
After you have imported your XML file into the TriCaster or manually entered your Event Encoder Settings. you will then have to go into the "Live Control Room" on YouTube to start your stream as shown below:
Click on "Preview" and the button will change to "Start Streaming". Once you click on start streaming, you are now live as shown below: