Using 3Play in a program-preview workflow could scarcely be simpler – or more powerful. Let’s consider an example:
- Channel B (‘program’) is sending a live camera feed to a downstream stadium display
- With control delegated to Channel A, you select a replay clip
- Press the Auto button on the Control Surface
Instantly, the currently selected transition introduces the replay clip from Channel A (‘preview’). Replay playback commences automatically from the clip’s In Point.
- If LOOP is enabled in the Transport controls, the replay source will continue playing over and over until you interrupt it, perhaps by a TAKE, or another AUTO operation.
- Otherwise, it might play right past the marked Out Point to the limit established by the Out Point Padding setting (Options menu – see Section 6.4.2), giving you a little leeway to safely transition back to the original source (now on ‘preview’).