TalkShow “Net Out” not Connecting
The network output of TalkShow announces in the TriCaster or 3Play Net drop down, however the user is unable to select it.
This is caused by the network configuration of TalkShow being set to Public. In order for sustained connection of the network out to TriCaster or 3Play, the network settings must be configured for Private.
TalkShow is built on Windows 8.1.
The first time connecting to a network, the user will be asked to turn on sharing between PCs and connect to network devices such as printers. The answer automatically sets the appropriate Windows Firewall and security settings for the type of network (private or public) connected. Sharing can be turned on or off anytime.
This tutorial will show how to set the network to be connected to a public or private type of location in Windows 8.1. The user must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do the steps in this tutorial.
1. Open PC settings, by pressing the + I keys and click on Change PC Settings in the lower right corner.
2. Click on Network on the left side. (See screenshot below)
3. Click/tap on Connections on the left side of "Network", and click/tap on the network (ex: One Does Not Simply) on the right side that you want to set as public or private. (See screenshot below)
Note: The TalkShow has two physical network ports. If you have them both connected, you will need to select the correct physical port that is on the same network as the TriCaster. You can ensure you are connecting to the correct name by going to Network Connections in Control Panel and checking the name.
4. Under Find devices and content, Move the slider to the right to turn it on. (See screenshot below)
5. When finished, close PC settings.