- If the system is running, and if applicable – eject the hard drive you wish to remove (see User Guide Section A.1.9).
- Drop the front panel on your NewTek 3Play down.
- Open the removable drive bay door.
- Pull the hard drive currently in the drive bay to remove it.
- Insert the new hard drive (‘connector end’ first)
- Close the drive bay door.
- Close the front panel.
Q: What hard drives are recommended for removable drive bays?
A: NewTek Sales may offer additional hard drives for use in the removable bays. NewTek supplied storage media has been carefully tested to meet exacting specifications, and can be expected to provide optimal performance and reliability.
Of course, you are free to purchase storage media from other sources. Keep in mind that manufacturer specifications and reviews may highlight favorable statistics, focusing on results from ‘typical’ (i.e., less demanding) operating environments. Naturally, NewTek cannot guarantee that hard drives obtained from such sources will provide performance adequate to meet operational requirements. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind if you employ hard drives purchased from other sources:
- All else being equal, larger drives are normally faster – try to use 1TB drives or above.
- Use SATA 3.0GB/s drives with rotational speed of 7200 R.P.M. (or better).
- Drives should have a larger onboard cache (32Mb or better is recommended).
Have more questions? Submit a request