When attempting to stream, the TriCaster will generate an error message stating that the “Flash Media Encoder was not found” or “Flash Media Encoder has terminated prematurely”.
This has been known to be caused by the following:
- Updating FME independently from the rest of the TriCaster Software
- Making changes within FME
- Installing a newer version of FME
Steps to Fix/WorkAround
- Exit the TriCaster software and go to the “Admin” screen.
- Launch Internet Explorer and log into your profile online at http://register.newtek.com
- Once you have logged into your profile click on “My Downloads”
- Download the 2.5 update from the “My Downloads” sub-section related to the type of TriCaster you are using.
- After the update has downloaded, run the file and install the 2.5Update (Do not install any updates to the media encoder after the 2.5Update installation).
Now check to see if the problems are still there, if so then you will need to restore the TriCaster. To do this, follow the instructions in the “Restore TriCaster” article.
Once the “Restore” is complete you will need to install the 2.5 Update (previously downloaded in Step 4 see above). This will either need to be re-downloaded or back it up on an external drive prior to restoring the TriCaster.