XDx50 hangs on a black screen, or the TriCaster logo screen and will not start. Shut down the unit & remove all media drives. If the unit starts up ok without any media drives inserted or attached, correcting this may involve formatting the corrupt media drive. If you have multiple media drives attached to your TriCaster, you may have to insert 1 at a time to narrow down which drive is corrupt or faulty. The following outlines booting up into “Safe Mode” so that you can reformat:
- Backup your content from the drive if possible
- Format the affected drive
Steps to Fix/Workaround
Boot TriCaster into Safe Mode
- The machine needs to be started in Safe Mode, if the system is on shut it down, otherwise continue.
- Press the Power button on the front of the machine to turn it on.
- Follow up by pressing F8 key repeatedly to bring up the OS menu choices.
- From the OS menu you will see a list of Start-Up options which include:
- Safe Mode,
- Safe Mode with Networking and
- Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Click on the Start, then select My Computer. NOTE: BEFORE CONTINUING back up the content if possible, from the media drive to another drive, preferably an external hard drive.
- Right Click the media drive and select NTFS as the format type.
- Then click Start.
- After the format is complete, shutdown the TriCaster, reinsert your media drives as normal and it should now work.
You can copy the content back to the media drive by exiting to Windows after the unit has rebooted. If the drive still seems to give issue on TriCaster booting up, then its possible the drive is unsalvageable.