TriCaster can include screens from networked computers running NewTek’s iVGA™ client software, network output from applications such as LiveText™, or Apple® Airplay® media in your live productions. As well, an internet connection can serve for registration and updates, and of course for live streaming purposes.
SOLUTION AND WORKAROUND
Connecting TriCaster to a local area network (LAN) like any a standard computer:
- Connect a suitable cable from the ETHERNET port on TriCaster’s backplate to your local network.
- (If necessary) – close the Live Desktop; click the Back arrow to return to the Home Page.
- Click Shutdown, then select Exit to Windows at right to access the operating system’s own desktop.
- Right-click on the My Computer icon, and select Properties.
- Scroll down in the right hand pane of the System panel that opens to find the Computer name, domain and workgroups settings.
- Click Change Setting.
- Click the Computer Name tab of the System Properties panel that opens.
- Click the Change button, and enter the name of your local workgroup (as provided by your system administrator).
- Close the OK button.
- Close the System control panel.
- At this point, the network connection should be functional. If further help connecting is required, please consult your system administrator.