Boot TriCaster into Safe Mode
- The machine needs to be started in Safe Mode, if the system is on shut it down, otherwise continue.
- Press the Power button on the front of the machine to turn it on.
- Follow up by pressing F8 key repeatedly to bring up the OS menu choices.
- From the OS menu you will see a list of Start-Up options which include:
- Safe Mode,
- Safe Mode with Networking and
- Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
NOTE: Once the system boots in Safe Mode it will display a small window lableled “Windows Help and Support”, disregard that pop up.
- Click on the Start, then select My Computer.
NOTE: BEFORE CONTINUING back up the content if possible, from the media drive to another drive, preferably an external hard drive.
- Right Click the media drive and select NTFS as the format type.
- Then click Start.
- After the format is complete, shutdown the TriCaster, reinsert your media drives as normal and it should now work.
You can copy the content back to the media drive by exiting to Windows after the unit has rebooted.
If the drive still seems to give issue on TriCaster booting up, then its possible the drive is unsalvageable.