If you notice your Standard Definition TriCaster (TriCaster Studio, Broadcast and Pro) not running as smoothly or having issues including those listed below, then clearing out the system cache and resetting configs will likely help. We also advise performing general Windows maintenance including Disk Defrag and Disk Cleanup as part of the process.
Issues that may be resolved via these instructions:
- Video Output is freezing.
-Tabs are not responding or opening when selected.
-Media is not loading quickly in the VCR/DDR tabs
-The TriCaster software is locking up or freezing.
Steps to Fix/Workaround
Begin by exiting the TriCaster interface and going to the Admin screen, this can be done by clicking on the X in the upper right corner of the interface.
NOTE 1: If the interface is currently locked: press CTRL V T.
NOTE 2: After pressing X you will get a dialogue box, select “Administrator" (or Admin, depending on the version of TriCaster you have)
To clean out your cache files:
1. At the desktop locate and “Double-Click” the My Computer icon found in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. In the My Computer window, “Double-Click” on your “D:” drive.
3. You should now see several folders including a “cache” folder containing the Account/User name you have for this TriCaster.
4. “Double-Click” on the cache folder that contains your user/account name to view the contents inside.
5. Delete all of the files inside this folder. Do not worry, nothing essential to your system is being deleted. These files are just temporary files and even though they say they are 0 bytes in size they can still cause things to slow down if they start to store up.
NOTE: If you have more than one User Account on your TriCaster you will also have more than one cache folder to address. In such a situation go through each account and delete the appropriate files.
This clears out the primary cache but there are additional cache files contained in the NewTek Info folders that should be removed as well:
1. Starting again from Admin mode (see beginning of this section.)
2. Double-Click on My Computer
3. From My Computer navigate to:
D:\media\clips\NewTek Info folder
NOTE:If you do not see a NewTek info folder do the following:
a. From the top of this window, click on Tools
b. Then from the drop down select Folder options
c. From the panel that opens click-on the View tab
d. Going down the list Click-On Show hidden files and folders then Apply and Ok. The “NewTek Info” folder should now be visible.
4. With the folder now visible, open the “NewTek Info” folder
5. Select all the contents of the folder (this can be done by holding down Crtl+A) then hit Del(ete) on your keyboard.
Running Reset Config utility
1. The utility is located on the Admin panel on the desktop.
2. After clicking “Reset Config”, a black box will pop up on the screen to begin the diagnostic tool.
NOTE:A few selections will scroll by telling you that it “could not find” things. Do not panic, this is completely normal. Once it is done running, the box will simply disappear.
8.Re-launch your TriCaster.
9. If it asks to be internally calibrated, tell it yes. After the calibration it will launch into Live Production.