What do I lose if I choose the TriCaster 'Restore' option on boot up?
The TriCaster's Restore option formats the C: drive only, not the D: drive. Formatting the C: drive means the following will be LOST along with anything else on the C: drive:
- Updates you've installed for TriCaster.
- Templates you've exported to Live.
- Custom streaming profiles.
- Programs you have installed on Windows.
- Files on the Desktop or in My Documents.
The D: drive however will be completely intact, since the TriCaster defaults to saving everything there (Projects, clips, streams, CG pages, etc.).
- To access the Restore options, restart the TriCaster.
- While it boots begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard until you come across Windows Advanced Options Menu choose "Return to OS choices menu".
- Then choose "Restore TriCaster".
Note: when the Restore finishes you will need to type in your Windows key, this is located on the bottom of every TriCaster. The Windows key is a 5 x 5 digit alpha numerical key.