This article describes how to update the graphics card driver on your TriCaster. The steps are divided into two primary sections:
A. Updating on an SD TriCaster
B. Updating on an XD TriCaster
Steps to Fix
A. Steps to update NVIDIA Drivers on SD TriCaster:
- Exit to Admin by clicking the X in the top right of the TriCaster Live Production Interface and when prompted select Admin.
- Open up Internet Explorer and navigate to http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-270.61-whql-driver.html.
- Download and install the update.
- Reboot the TriCaster.
B. Steps to update NVIDIA Drivers on XD TriCaster:
1. Exit to Windows by clicking the X in the top right of the TriCaster Live Production Interface and then clicking back to take you to the main Icon Menu. Select Shut Down, then choose Exit to Windows.
2. Click the Start Icon and type "Device Manager" into the search field then click on Device Manager from the search results.
3. Within the Device Manager window click on Display adapters then identify the NVIDIA graphics card model. You should see the model graphics card you have installed in your system. (Example: NVIDIA GeFroce GT740)
4. Open a web browser and go to https://www.geforce.com/drivers then select the appropriate options from each of the drop-down menus for the graphics card model as seen in Device Manager then click Search. (NOTE: XD300 runs Windows Vista, XD450 and xd850 - xd8000 run Windows 7 64 bit)
5. The NVIDIA website should now display the latest driver for the graphics card. Click the Download button for that driver and run or save the installer application.
6. If you chose the Save option, double-click the downloaded file to run the installation of the driver.
7. During the installation, select NVIDIA Graphics Driver and Agree to the licensing agreement.
8 At the next prompt, select Custom (Advanced) then click Next
9. By default, the graphics card driver is selected. Uncheck the excess NVIDIA software. You may need to scroll down, within the NVIDIA window, to uncheck the "PhysX System Software". Do not install the additional NVIDIA software options including GeForce Experience, as it runs in the background of the system, which may interfere with Live Production. Click Next to complete the graphics card driver installation.
10. The installation process will take some time to complete. Once completed, restart your TriCaster if prompted.