This article describes how to update the graphics card driver on your TriCaster. The steps are divided into two primary sections:
A. Updating on an SD TriCaster
B. Updating on an XD TriCaster
Steps to Fix
A. Steps to update nVidia Drivers on SD TriCaster:
- Exit to Admin by clicking the X in the top right of the TriCaster Live Production Interface and when prompted select Admin.
- Open up Internet Explorer and navigate to http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-270.61-whql-driver.html.
- Download and install the update.
- Reboot the TriCaster.
B. Steps to update nVidia Drivers on XD TriCaster:
- Exit to Windows by clicking the X in the top right of the TriCaster Live Production Interface and then clicking back to take you to the main Icon Menu. Select Shut Down, then choose Exit to Windows.
- Click the Start Icon in the lower left hand side of Windows, then Right Click on My Computer and select Manage.
- Under System Tools on the Left, click Device Manager.(see image in step 4)
- On the Right hand side, click the arrow icon next to Display Adapters.
- You should see the model graphics card you have installed in your system. (Example: nVidia GeFroce GTS 250.)
- With an Internet Connection Established: Click Start, then go to All Programs, then select Internet Explorer.
- Once internet explorer is open, go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us.
- Now select the appropriate options from the drop-down menus for the graphics card in your TriCaster and click Search.
- NOTE: XD300 runs Windows Vista, XD450 runs Windows 7, XD850 runs Windows 7
- The nVidia website should now display a driver for your graphics card. Click the Download button.
- When prompted, save the file to your Admin Desktop.
- Once the download is complete Double-Click the file to run the installation of the driver.
- Select "Custom installation." Uncheck everything but the driver itself. Do not install the GeForce Experience, as it runs in the background of the system, which may interfere with Live Production. Afterwards, Restart your TriCaster when prompted.