As mentioned earlier, for HD sessions TriCaster supports simultaneous output of both SD (Standard Definition) and HD (High Definition) video. Except for TriCaster 410. TriCaster Mini SDI and Mini, the Video Output connector groups on TriCaster’s backplate are arranged in vertical columns of four BNC connectors, offering the following connection possibilities for live production:
- Output 1 video output format is determined by the session (see Section 5.1). When the session is SD 4:3 or 16:9, output is likewise SD 4:3 or 16:9. When the session is HD, output is HD.
- TriCaster Advanced Edition supports independent configuration of Output 2 (and Output 3 for 4RU models). The desired format can be selected in the Live Desktop (Output Configuration panel).
Connect downstream video devices to the appropriate output connectors in the VIDEO OUT section, whether SDI, HDMI, Component, Y/C (BNC) or Composite (TriCaster 410 supports SDI output only, TriCaster Mini supports HDMI only).
Please note that Y/C and Composite may require RCA (cinch plug) or S-video (4 pin mini-DIN) to BNC adapters, and also that both of these connection options support output at SD resolution only.
- SDI or HDMI – Attach SDI connectors to BNC or HDMI (TriCaster Mini only) connectors in the VIDEO OUT group labeled 1-(2 or 3).
Hint: If your equipment supports SDI, this is the best alternative. Note that the following analog output options are not supported by TriCaster 410 or TriCaster Mini
- Component – Attach your device to the second, third and fourth BNC connectors (Y, Pb and Pr).
- Y/C – If your S-Video equipment and cabling has the usual 4-pin mini-DIN connectors, you will need an ‘S-Video to dual BNC’ adapter.
Attach the Y (luma) connector of your device to the second analog BNC connector row (labeled Pb at far left in the VIDEO IN group).
Attach the C (chroma) connector to the third analog connector (labeled Pr).
- Composite – Attach the device’s connector to the first (top) analog connector (just above the pair labeled Y/C).
Connect TriCaster’s audio outputs:
Analog audio – Connect external audio devices to the connectors in the AUDIO OUT
4RU TriCasters offer two pairs of four audio output connectors:
- Connectors 1a-(1b or 1d) provide sound from the mix assigned to Output 1 (defaults to Master in Output Configuration)
- Connectors 2a-(2b or 2d) provide sound from the mix assigned to Output 2 (defaults to Aux in Output Configuration)
Note: These two output groups are actually treated by TriCaster as four independent stereo outputs, each configured and controlled separately; see Chapter 15, Audio.
Digital audio – A separate digital audio connection is not necessary for SDI or HDMI output with embedded audio. AES/EBU connectors are provided for Output 1(channels a-d) on 4RU models.
Hint: TriCaster’s SDI and analog output sections can be used simultaneously. For example, you could use the Composite output to view your program on a local composite monitor at the same time as you use the SDI connection to supply broadcast equipment
For more information please download the entire document at new.tk/rt-m