Genlocking is supported on TriCaster 460, 860 and 8000.
- If the Live Desktop isn’t already open, launch a TriCaster session from Startup.
- Access the Hardware Configurationpanel by double-clicking the main Program Output monitor on the Live Desktop.
- Click the Genlock (Figure 30).
- The default Reference Type in the Genlock settings group is SD (Bi-level), as this is currently the most common reference signal type. However, if you supply an HD reference signal to the Genlock input, you may want to change the setting to HD (Tri-level).
- With the aid of downstream Waveform and Vector Scopes, adjust TriCaster’s Horizontal and Vertical Position and Phase settings in the Genlock section of the I/O Configuration
Ideally both the cameras and TriCaster should be genlocked. If they are not genlocked to the same reference signal as the TriCaster output, a TBC (Time Base Correction) operation is automatically applied. Time base correction may drop or insert frames as necessary to maintain sync, hence is a less desirable approach.
Note: For a deeper discussion of genlocking, please see Section 8.2.3
For more information please download the entire document at new.tk/rt-m