TriCaster can include screens from networked computers running NewTek’s iVGA™ client software, network output from applications such as LiveText™, or Apple® Airplay® media in your live productions. As well, an internet connection can serve for registration and updates, and of course for live streaming purposes.
Connecting TriCaster to a local area network (LAN) like any a standard computer:
1. Connect a suitable cable from the ETHERNET port on TriCaster’s backplate to your local network.
2. (If necessary) – close the Live Desktop; click the Back arrow to return to the Home Page.
3. Click Shutdown, then select Exit to Windows at right to access the operating system’s own desktop.
4. Right-click on the My Computer icon, and select Properties.
5. Scroll down in the right hand pane of the System panel that opens to find the Computer name, domain and workgroups settings.
6. Click Change Setting.
7. Click the Computer Name tab of the System Properties panel that opens.
8. Click the Change button, and enter the name of your local workgroup (as provided by your system administrator).
9. Close the OK button.
10. Close the System control panel.
11. At this point, the network connection should be functional. If further help connecting is required, please consult your system administrator.