Creative uses for buffers abound. You’ll notice that the sample media content supplied with your TriCaster includes a number of different styles of animated buffers – some full screen, suitable for looping backgrounds or similar applications; others that are suited to overlay, bug, or alert tasks.
Buffers of all sorts can be displayed in the following locations:
- Main Switcher
- Program/Preview) rows – right-click the BFR button to select which buffer to assign to that button.
- DSK channels – choose a specific buffer using the DSK’s drop-down source menu.
- M/E banks
- Mix mode – select a buffer for the A/B row BFR button just as you would for the main Switcher.
- Effect Mode – for multi-layer effects, the BFR button in each row can be assigned independently.
- KEY channels – choose a buffer for any KEY channel using its drop-down source menu.
Buffers allow abundant use of animation throughout your productions – as virtual set elements, layered graphics overlays, etc., all without tying up precious Media Players.
(Consider that in addition to the buffer cross-points in the main Switcher, M/Es supports up to eight animated buffers (varies by model). Especially for TriCasters with re-entrant M/Es (8000, 860 and 460), layering possibilities are nearly endless.
For more information please download the entire document at new.tk/rt-m