NewTek NDI Applications may require newer versions of Intel GPU Drivers. Windows on occasion may prevent these drivers from being installed so there is a manual way to update them. We recommend that you perform this process without an internet connection.
Note: These instructions are provided by Intel. Should you need further assistance, please visit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/. There is also an Intel Driver & Support Assistant that you can download to assist with updating the Intel drivers on your system.
Please download the graphics driver version for your Intel® HD GPU at www.intel.com. Once the download is completed please remove the internet connection and follow the steps below to uninstall the graphics driver:
- On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
- Expand the Display Adapters section.
- Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
- Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
- Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
- Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
Once the system is rebooted please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
- Use the zip file previously downloaded
- Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
- Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Click “Have Disk”.
- Click “Browse”.
- Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called “Graphics”.
- Select the file called “igdlh64” or “igdlh”.
- Click Open, then click OK, and finally click “Next”. Drivers are now being installed.
- Reboot your computer.
Current as of 5/8/2019