To configure a Custom Stream on a TriCaster running Standard Edition software, please do the following:
1 Click on the stream gear inside live production:
2 Change the URL to https://www.newtek.com/
3 Click on the drop-down menu and select create New Connection from current URL
4 Select RTMP and click Ok:
This will bring down a new section allowing you to manually enter in the RTMP and Stream Key provided by Facebook. To get the required information you will need to login to your Facebook account from a separate computer.
1) Log in to Facebook.com
2) On the Page you wish to stream to, click on Publishing Tools:
3) Here is a view of the Publishing tools tab:
4) Click on Video Library and locate the "+Live" Button.
5) When you click on Live, select Connect. Be sure 'secure connection' and 'persistent stream key' are selected. An RTMP (server URL/location) and the Stream ID (Stream key) will be displayed.
6) Enter the RTMP and Stream ID information into their corresponding fields within the TriCaster's Streaming Configuration window. Click OK.
7) Initiate the "Stream" within the TriCaster software. The button should turn blue and the stream clock should start once the connection is established.
8) Back on your computer, add the required info for your Post. The page will now show a preview of your stream and the Go Live button will be enabled for you to start the stream.
9. Click the Go Live button to post the stream. Once Live the page will show a LIVE notification and an End Live Video Button.