The goal of this article is to provide some instructions on how to create an event in Vimeo so it will then be listed as an option within the Streaming Configuration section of your TriCaster software. You will need to know your Vimeo user account credentials.
1) Create a live event in Vimeo. (*Vimeo has outlined this process in their Vimeo Help Center article.)
2) Add a title, date and time.
3) Click - Next
4) Click - Settings
5) Click - Schedule your event
6) Set Date and Time again & Save. The video window will show “This event will start in xx minutes”
7) Click the embed tab and adjust the player accordingly.
8) Back on the TriCaster software, log into your Vimeo account in the Stream configuration menu.
9) Now click refresh in the TriCaster Vimeo settings, then click on the drop down and you will see the event you created. The event will show as an option AS LONG AS the scheduled time for the event has not already. For example, if you have the event scheduled to start at 1:00pm and you try to start streaming at 1:02pm, it will not work.
10) Start the Stream on the TriCaster software to send the video to the Vimeo encoder.
*Note - The RTMP URL and Stream Key are only valid for 30 minutes once you activate them in Vimeo. Initiating the stream within the TriCaster software will activate the key so do not activate them prior to this. Also it is worth noting that the RTMP URL and Stream Key are only valid for 12 hours (individual Vimeo streams cannot exceed 12 hours).