In order to install Standard Edition software updates, follow the listed steps:
Download the Update
1) Exit the TriCaster software to view the Windows desktop.
2) Launch Internet Explorer and navigate to https://www.newtek.com/downloads/.
3) Click the download button underneath the Standard Edition current version number. It will ask for your contact information (first name, last name, email address, and country are all mandatory fields).
Once you fill in the info and click submit, it should say you are now authorized to download updates:
Close that window by clicking the highlighted X and then click the Standard Edition download button again. If this process does not work, download Chrome or Firefox and try again.
4) When the download is complete, right click the application file and then click Properties. Check the Security section and check the 'Unblock' button if applicable. Hit Apply and then OK.
5) Right click the application again and click, "Run as administrator."
6) The next prompt will give two choices. We recommend selecting Download only. This will save the files to a local location on the system and they can be moved to a different location or removable storage after the install is complete. Click Next.
7) The initial EULA agreement will appear. Click, "I accept the agreement" and then click Next.
8) Select a directory to save the downloaded files to. Click Next.
9) Select the components you wish to download. The TriCaster upgrade is the most commonly needed install. TriCaster Content is the NewTek stock footage and can be skipped if you are pressed for time, but we will often want to use those clips for troubleshooting purposes so it's recommended you install them at some point. NDI|HX® drivers are important and required for any NDI|HX® device (like a Connect Spark or PTZ1 camera) to interface with the TriCaster. Once selected, click Next.
10) The download will begin. Once the download is finished, the prompt will then say 'copying upgrade, please wait'. This can take several minutes with no visible activity so be sure to not close the prompt.
11) Once the download is complete, the files will then appear in the directory you selected in Step 8 (TriCaster defaults this location to the C Drive if not changed). The suggested order in which to install the updates is suggested below:
12. Before proceeding with installing the update, you should update the Nvidia driver of your system. You can see how to do that by following the directions under section B in this kba: https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/articles/218903487-TriCaster-How-to-update-the-nVidia-Graphics-Card-Driver.
Installing the Update
1) Right click and run the TriCaster.exe as Admin. You may also need to change the Security in Properties as mentioned in the first section.
2) Proceed through the welcome screen and the EULA. Select your preferred Language. We suggest selecting "Update default web streaming presets" before clicking Next. Do not check the "Adobe Premiere CS6 work-around" unless directed to. Click Next.
3) The download will begin and run through various modes. The install typically requires a reboot and the system will Restart on it's own so click OK.
4) After the system restarts, it may run some Windows updates and another prompt will appear. Click Next to continue and agree to the prompts. The system may appear to hang for several minutes at any point during the file integrity check or when installing prerequisite steps. Do not interrupt this process and let it continue.
5) After the files are extracted, the software will then prompt to Install:
6) The install will resume again. This may take up to 20 minutes or so to complete.
Note: If at the conclusion of the install, the unit shuts down, leave the unit powered off for 3 minutes before rebooting.
Installing the TriCaster Content
1) To Install the TriCaster Content, right-click to run as Admin.
2) Click Next and agree to the EULA as previously done. The content will begin to install and when the progress bar completes, the install is done.
Installing the NDI|HX® Driver
1) Right click the NewTek NDI|HX® Driver.exe and run as Admin to install.
2) The entire NDI tools pack will install with the NDI|HX® Driver. Select the NDI tools you wish to install and the directory to install them too. In general, the free NDI tools are helpful for troubleshooting so we suggest these are installed.
Note: Support does not recommend selecting 'Disable Web Password' or 'Run at Windows start' options when installing on a TriCaster.
3) The next prompt allows for the option to change the shortcut path but we suggest this is left to the default. Click Next.
4) Click Install and the process will begin (it may take several minutes).
5) The installation will proceed and the Windows Security prompt will verify you want to install the software. Click Install.
6) Once the install is complete, you can click Finish and view the NDI Introduction PDF. If you wish to view it later, the PDF an be found in C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek NDI 3.8 Tools titled as "NDI 3.8 Introduction".