In order to install Standard Edition software updates, follow the listed steps:
Download the Update
1) Exit the TriCaster software to view the Windows desktop. ou can do this by exiting out to the main selection screen then clicking shutdown > Administrator Mode > Exit to Window
2) Launch Internet Explorer and navigate to https://www.newtek.com/downloads/.
3) Click the download button underneath the Standard Edition current version number, then click save.
4) When the download is complete, right click the application file and then click Properties. Check the Security section and check the 'Unblock' button if applicable. Hit Apply and then OK.
5) Right click the application again and click, "Run as administrator."
6) The next prompt will give two choices. We recommend selecting Download only. This will save the files to a local location on the system and they can be moved to a different location or removable storage after the install is complete. Click Next.
7) The initial EULA agreement will appear. Click, "I accept the agreement" and then click Next.
8) Select a directory to save the downloaded files to. Click Next.
9) Select the components you wish to download. The TriCaster upgrade is the most commonly needed install. TriCaster Content is the NewTek stock footage and can be skipped if you are pressed for time, but we will often want to use those clips for troubleshooting purposes so it's recommended you install them at some point.
Note: The NDI|HX drivers are no longer applicable and must be deselected before selecting Next.
10) The download will begin. Once the download is finished, the prompt will then say 'copying upgrade, please wait'. This can take several minutes with no visible activity so be sure to not close the prompt.
11) Once the download is complete, the files will then appear in the directory you selected in Step 8 (TriCaster defaults this location to the C Drive if not changed). The suggested order in which to install the updates is suggested below:
Installing the Update
1) Right click and run the TriCaster.exe as Admin. You may also need to change the Security in Properties as mentioned in the first section.
2) Proceed through the welcome screen and the EULA. Select your preferred Language. We suggest selecting "Update default web streaming presets" before clicking Next. Do not check the "Adobe Premiere CS6 work-around" unless directed to. Click Next.
3) The download will begin and run through various modes. The install typically requires a reboot and the system will Restart on it's own so click OK.
4) After the system restarts, it may run some Windows updates and another prompt will appear. Click Next to continue and agree to the prompts. The system may appear to hang for several minutes at any point during the file integrity check or when installing prerequisite steps. Do not interrupt this process and let it continue.
5) After the files are extracted, the software will then prompt to Install:
6) The install will resume again. This may take up to 20 minutes or so to complete.
Note: If at the conclusion of the install, the unit shuts down, leave the unit powered off for 3 minutes before rebooting.
Installing the TriCaster Content
1) To Install the TriCaster Content, right-click to run as Admin.
2) Click Next and agree to the EULA as previously done. The content will begin to install and when the progress bar completes, the install is done.