Issue: Tally state does not change on device receiving NDI® source.
Steps to Resolve:
1) Ensure firmware is up to date for the sending device
2) Ensure receiving device is operating on latest software
3) If device is not detected or audio/video are failing to transmit/receive, first review the article below:
Third Party NDI® Applications - Troubleshooting Guide
4) Test with Studio Monitor (install the latest iteration of Studio Monitor via this URL https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/#download-tools)
- Once the tool is installed, launch the Studio Monitor application.
- Select the hamburger icon in the top left corner of the application
- From the dropdown menu, select your NDI source and channel
- Once the camera feed reflects in the application, right-click on the feed
- Navigate to settings -> Display Overlays -> and ensure "Tally Lights" is selected
- Test to see if the border changes to reflect cameras current state
If the states change in NDI® Studio Monitor, but not your receiving device/software, the issue is particular to the receiving device/software. If you are utilizing third party software to receive your NDI® source, you will need to reach out to them to ensure they are supporting our latest NDI® libraries.