nVidia recently changed their driver downloads to ‘DCH’ versions. These drivers use a driver install package that requires Windows 10 build 1803 or later for compatibility. NewTek systems use Windows 10 LTSB (Long Term Service Branch) which runs on a build of Windows before this version. The LTSB version of Windows does not support ‘DCH’ packaged drivers so the 'Standard' driver installer is needed. Once you have the correct driver downloaded, click this link for instructions on the install of the drivers starting on step six.
Steps to download the 'Standard' driver:
Note- There is not a functional difference between the DCH and standard version drivers; just a different method of installation.
- Go to nvidia.com
- From the menu bar, select ‘Drivers’ then ‘All nVidia Drivers’
- Near the bottom of the page, click on ‘Beta and Older Drivers’
4. Select these options for download:
- Operating system is set to ‘Windows 10 64-bit is selected’
- Windows driver Type is set to ‘Standard’
- Recommended/Beta is set to ‘Recommended/Certified’
5. Click on the 'Search' button.
6. In the list of results, choose the ‘GeForce Game Ready Driver’ you want to download. Typically, you want to choose the most recent driver that is still dated before the release of TriCaster you are installing.
7. Click on the 'Download' button to get the driver.
Current as of 12/9/2019