This article reviews the steps needed to create a custom stream to Youtube.
*Please note this process requires the use of a TriCaster as well as a separate PC or MAC.
Starting within the TriCaster software:
1) Within a TriCaster session, click the gear next to the Stream/Encode button to setup a Custom stream preset.
2) At the bottom of the Streaming Configuration window, click the New preset drop-down menu, then select the Custom option. This will open the Configure Custom Connection window:
3) Enter the Connection Name (example, “Custom YouTube Stream”):
On the PC:
4) Open YouTube.com and login to the desired account.
5) At the top right hand portion of the screen you will see a camera icon. Click on the camera and select “Go live” from the options:
6) At the left of the window there will be 3 tabs, Stream, Webcam, and Manage:
-If want your stream to immediately go live when received, select "Stream". Otherwise, select "Manage" to create an Event
-If you selected "Stream", skip ahead to Step 10 below
7) To schedule an event under the "Manage" tab, select the blue "Schedule Stream" icon in the top right corner of the page:
-Select "Create New" to build an event from scratch or "Reuse Settings" to reuse a configuration from a previous event that you streamed.
8) In the “New Stream” window, input the Title, Description, Genre, Time/Date of the stream, and confirm if the stream is appropriate for kids:
9) Once the desired information is set, select the “CREATE STREAM” button.
10) Click on the newly created Event and make note of the “Stream URL” and “Stream key”.
*If you selected "Manage" in Step 6 above, take note of the "Enable Auto-start" button on the right-hand side. This can be enabled to automatically start your stream once YouTube receives the feed from your TriCaster.
Back to TriCaster:
11) Enter the “Stream URL” in the “Server Address” field.
12) Enter the “Stream name/key” in the “Stream ID” field:
*Username and Password should NOT be filled in
13) Select the “Close” button to submit the changes.
14) Select the “STREAM / ENCODE” button at the top:
Back to PC:
15) If not using the "Stream" function in Step 6 or the "Enable Auto-start" function outlined in Step 10 above, then confirm the “Stream preview” from the TriCaster and select “GO LIVE”:
16) When complete, use the “END STREAM” button to complete: