This article reviews the steps needed to create a custom stream to Youtube.
*Please note this process requires the use of a TriCaster as well as a separate PC or MAC.
Starting within the TriCaster software:
1) Within a TriCaster session, click the gear next to the Stream/Encode button to setup a Custom stream preset.
2) At the bottom of the Streaming Configuration window, click the New preset drop-down menu, then select the Custom option. This will open the Configure Custom Connection window:
3) Enter the Connection Name (example, “Custom YouTube Stream”):
On the PC:
4) Open YouTube.com and login to the desired account.
5) At the top right hand portion of the screen you will see a camera icon. Click on the camera and select “Go live” from the options:
6) At the top of the window there will be 3 tabs. Please select the middle option for “STREAM”
7) Select the “NEW STREAM” button:
8) In the “New Stream” window, input the Title, Stream Type and Genre:
9) Once the desired information is set, select the “CREATE STREAM” button.
10) Make note of the “Stream URL” and “Stream name/key”:
Back to TriCaster:
11) Enter the “Stream URL” in the “Server Address” field.
12) Enter the “Stream name/key” in the “Stream ID” field:
13) Select the “Close” button to submit the changes.
14) Select the “STREAM / ENCODE” button at the top:
Back to PC:
15) Confirm the “Stream preview” from the TriCaster and select “GO LIVE”:
16) When complete, use the “END STREAM” button to complete:
*Repeat Steps 8-14 when a New Stream is created